Last date for submission of application: 25/11/2020
NATIONAL TALENT SEARCH (NTS) EXAMINATION, 2020-21, Online Applications are invited from intending students studying in Class -X for the State Level (Stage-I) of National Talent Search (NTS) Examination for the year 2019-20 sponsored by National Council of Educational Research & Training (NCERT), New Delhi.
About the Scheme:
National Talent Search scheme is a flagship activity of National Council of Educational Research & Training (NCERT). The purpose of the scheme is to identify the talented students and nurture their talent on the basis of examination conducted. Scholarship will be awarded as per NCERT Rules.
Students of Class-X studying in Government, Local Body, Govt. Aided, Private Schools are eligible to appear in the examination.
About two thousand scholarships are awarded for different stages of education as follows:
1. Scholarship of Rs.1250/- per month for Class XI to XII.
2. Scholarship of Rs. 2000/- per month for Undergraduates and Post-graduates.
3. The scholarship amount for Ph.D. is fixed in accordance with the UGC norms.
How to apply & Examination fee:
“The application process of National Talent Search (NTS) Examination has been made ONLINE. Students have to download the ‘Bidyarthi’ app from the Play store of Android phone. Moreover, they can apply through our official website www.madhyamik.assam.gov.in Applicants have to pay the exam fee through Debit/Credit card, internet banking at the time of the application.
1. There will be two stages of selection process for the award of this scholarship.
2. Stage-I (State Level), selection will be done by State /UTs and those who qualify Stage-I will be eligible to appear in the Stage-II (National Level) examination, conducted by NCERT.
3. State level qualifying marks for candidates from General category is 40% in each paper and for candidates from SC, ST, PH is 32% in each paper.
1. A written examination will be held on 13th December, 2020 for the selection of candidates under the NTS Scheme.
2. There are two papers. Paper I – Mental Ability Test (MAT): 100 marks, Paper II – Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT): 100 marks.
3. This is an OMR based examination. Each question shall carry one mark each in both the papers. There will be no negative marking in either of the tests.
4. Previous years’ question papers are also available in the ‘Bidyarthi’ app.
1. Assam State quota is 202
2. 15% Scholarship will be reserved for students belonging SC category.
3. 7.5% Scholarship will be reserved for students belonging ST category
4. 27% Scholarship will be reserved for the candidates belonging to OBC category (Non-Creamy Layer)
5. 10% Scholarship will be reserved for the candidates belonging to Economicall Weaker Sections (EWSs) from the year 2019-2020, who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs and OBCs. Those candidates have to produce income and assets certificate issued by the competent authority.
6. 4% will be reserved for Physically Challenged Group of Students.
7. 27% will be reserved for students belonging OBC category (Non-Creamy Layer)
1. Application process is started from: 25th October, 2020.
2. Last date for submission of application form: 25th November, 2020.
3. Date of Examination: 13/12/2020. (Sunday).
4. E-admit Cards will be issued from: 1st December, 2020 onwards
The application process of National Talent Search (NTS) Examination has been made ONLINE. Students have to download the ‘Bidyarthi’ app from the Play store of Android phone. Moreover, they can apply through our official website www.madhyamik.assam.gov.in Applicants have to pay the exam fee through Debit/Credit card, internet banking at the time of the application.
1. Rs. 250/- for General & OBC Category.
2. Rs. 225/- for SC/ST Category.
3. Rs. 220/- for Differently Abled students.
E-admit Card for the candidates will be available online. The candidate may download his/her admit card by putting his/her application number or name on or after 01/12/2020. If any candidate fails to submit required information or deposit required fee, their application will be rejected and no admit card will issued against them.
Examination & Training (ET) Branch
Directorate of Secondary Education Assam
Kahilipara, Guwahati – 781019.
Website – www.madhyamik.assam.gov.in
Mail id- firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph. No. 9435-77-67-67 (for exam & scholarship inquiry only)
NTS Examination will be held at 67 Nos. of centres across Assam including all the District Headquarters. Exam centres may be increased or decreased depending upon the number of candidates. The list of examination centres are shown below.
NATIONAL TALENT SEARCH (NTS) EXAMINATION, 2020-21
Advertisement Details: https://madhyamik.assam.gov.in/portlets/click-here-for-exam-detail-etc (Click here for more Details)
Official Website: https://madhyamik.assam.gov.in/
Apply Here: https://smbform.in/NTS2020/?r