Last date of apply : 31/02/20210.
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU SCHOLARSHIPS FOR DOCTORAL STUDIES(Ph.D), The Application Form for Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarships can be downloaded from the website. Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund, offers scholarships for Ph.D. in India. The amount of Rs.100 is to be paid by Postal Order/Demand Draft drawn in favour of “Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund” payable at New Delhi and should be sent along with the completed application form to reach the Fund office on or before 31 May.
DURATION OF SCHOLARSHIP : Up to 2 years.
CATEGORIES OF SCHOLARSHIPS : The scholarships are available for Ph.D. study in India to the following categories of students:
- Indian Nationals
- Nationals of other Asian countries
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION/SUBJECT: A candidate may apply for scholarship in any one of the following areas of specialization-
- Indian History and Civilization
- Comparative Studies in Religion & Culture
- Ecology & Environment
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: At the time of making the application for scholarship, a candidate should
- Hold FIRST Class Post-graduate degree with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate in both graduate and post graduate level,
- Already be registered/admitted for Ph.D. degree with a recognized University/Institution in India. Those who have applied for registration and have not yet been registered at the time of submission of application, are not eligible to apply.
- Not be above 35 years of age.
- Be a full-time Ph.D. Scholar.
VALUE OF SCHOLARSHIP FOR BOTH THE CATEGORIES :
- Maintenance allowance including Tuition fee – Rs.18,000 per month
- Contingent expenses for study tours within India, purchase of books, stationery, etc. – Rs.15,000 per annum
1) A passport size photograph of the applicant to be pasted on the form.
2) A synopsis of the proposed project as per the attached format.
3) Doctoral Monitoring Committee’s report or Supervisor’s report/recommendations.
4) Postal Order/Demand Draft for Rs.100.
5) Ph.D registration certificate.
Incomplete and unsigned forms are liable to be rejected.
HOW TO APPLY:
Completed application form together with all the necessary enclosures should reach Administrative Secretary, Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund, Teen Murti House, New Delhi-110011
LAST DATE OF APPLY: on or before 31 May.
The candidates are advised to send their applications as soon as possible. The Fund will not be responsible for any postal delays in reaching the application by the due date.
The Selection Committee’s decision to call a candidate for interview or select a candidate for scholarship will be final and no representation in this regard will be entertained.
Official Website: CLICK HERE
APPLICATION FORM: CLICK HERE